We’re excited to announce the launch of the UHC Day 2017 campaign!
On 12 December 2017, this incredible Coalition of 1,000+ organizations will rally once again behind our shared goal of #HealthForAll. We will not be alone. In the five years since the United Nations unanimously endorsed universal health coverage for the first time, voices declaring UHC right, smart and achievable have become louder than ever before.
But progress has not followed at an equal pace. Like any political goal, the right to health will not be guaranteed until people everywhere decide to fight for it.
This UHC Day, we will rise for our right to #HealthForAll and demand courageous political action in every country. We will celebrate local change-makers and inspire our communities to join our cause. We will partner with fellow advocates for equity and shared prosperity. And we expect a record number of marches, rallies and events to amplify the growing people’s movement for UHC – including the historic UHC Forum in Tokyo, Japan.
Three things you can do right now:
· Tell us how you plan to mark UHC Day so we can share your efforts on social media and on our global map of partner activities (coming soon!)
And here is what you can expect from us in the next days to help you get ready:
· Expanded digital toolkit, including graphics, social media posts & more ways to take action
· Interactive map of partner activities, which last year featured 96 submissions from 44 countries
· Updates from the UHC Forum happening in Tokyo from 12-15 December
· Stories of national advocacy efforts worldwide, contributed by Coalition partners
The countdown to UHC Day has begun! Thank you for your ongoing partnership. We look forward to rising together for our right to #HealthForAll